Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Week 4: Imaginative Arts



IMAGINATIVE ARTS!

CORE CLASS: This week we will try to create within ourselves the initiative to DO something!

I. SEEK KNOWLEDGE:  Do all four and record or highlight your favorite parts.
1. Plan out your week with your mentor/parent like in a weekly accountability meeting.
2. Read “Way to Be” Ch 6: “Be Positive”
3. Read “The Monument” section of “Charlie’s Monument” and ponder what the take home message is for you from the book.  Be prepared to participate in a book discussion by writing down a few favorite quotes!
4. Now re-read and finish memorizing the scripture and quote from Teddy Roosevelt (at least once!) and think about what all these things have in common.
II. GAIN UNDERSTANDING:  Do both of the following.
1. Come prepared to participate in a hike and book discussion about “Charlie’s Monument.”  Wear good shoes!
2. Bring a cool rock.
III. INTELLIGENCE:  Now, think about what you have studied this week and this month.  How can you make it a part of your life?  Make a plan and DO something to change yourself with what you have learned. (Check out the blog for ideas!)
            My project for creating intelligence is: ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Do we get to keep our cool rock we bring? :)
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a video about forgiving even when it's impossible. I’ve never had something like this or like Charlie’s experience happen to me, but for me, at 4yrs, this was huge. My Dad, Joseph, David and I were at the rec. center for David’s karate class and I brought a baby doll and a stuffed zebra. After his class I left both of my toys on the chair I was sitting on. When we got to the car I realized that I had left my baby doll and my little zebra. We went back inside and they were gone. I was sad at first but as I got older I look back on that day and realize that someone might have needed my toys more than me. I think it takes integrity, courage, compassion, and faith to be able to forgive. “Show me how to love the unloveable Show me how to reach the unreachable Help me now to do the impossible Forgiveness”

    http://youtu.be/n9J6xOT3Ldw

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete